Investment Analyst - Venture Capital
NOTE: The role is a pre-MBA role. Candidates with an MBA won't be considered.
Ventureast is one of the longest standing Venture capital fund managers in India, investing since 1997 and managing in excess of $400+ million. The company has a diverse portfolio of more than 100 investments in Technology, Healthcare and Clean Environment. Our family of funds include a technology fund and a Life fund.
Ventureast is one the few early stage venture capital funds in India, with investments in companies across sectors including technology, education, consumer internet, QSR and infrastructure services. More information on our website ww.ventureast.net
About the role:
We are looking to hire an analyst for a full-time position for our technology focused fund based out of Bangalore, India. The role will provide a significant amount of hands-on exposure to the world of start-ups, along with an opportunity to work with one of the most experienced investment teams in the industry.
The analyst will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and evaluating new opportunities along with the senior investment team
- Generating emerging sector-related ideas, tracking market data and identifying trends
- Supporting the investment team in due diligence and post-investment portfolio management
- Supporting the partnership in the fund raising efforts of the firm through deep sectoral research and preparation of investor pitches.
In addition to the above, the analyst will play a key role in:
- Investor communications, including quarterly and annual reports
- Managing compliance in portfolio companies
- Strong Excel, Communication, Research and Analytical skills are essential and will be tested
- Strong curiosity for technology, businesses and startups
- Major in Engineering, Science, Math or Economics from a premier Institution preferred (Global Top Ten Schools, or the NITs, IITs, BITS, St. Stephens in India)
- 2-3 years of work experience. Exposure to Internet / technology / consulting/ IB preferred. [2015/2016 Graduates]
- Will be working with a small team, so must be a self-starter and one capable of high level of initiative
- Significant campus leadership experience and extra-curricular achievements
- Understanding of finance and accounting is a plus
- Will be a two-three year commitment
- Experience and exposure to the full cycle venture capital process
- Hands on opportunity to work directly in live situations
- Direct interactions with General Partners and Principals on 2-3 person teams
- Excellent experience in the nascent and fast-growing Indian VC / PE industry
- Valuable for candidates inclined to pursue a top quality MBA in future (Admits to Wharton, Booth, Columbia, ISB etc.)